As of August 2nd, the San Mateo County Health Officer issued an order requiring masks to be worn regardless of vaccination status in all indoor public settings, venues, gatherings, and workplaces, including schools. Mask wearing allows all students to be on campus regardless of distance and space allowances.
- All students are required to wear a mask when at school. Masks will be given to the children if theirs is not satisfactory at any point during the day.
- All employees are required to wear a mask when at school.
- No person will be allowed to come onto campus without a properly worn and well-fitting mask. Valve masks are not allowed; bandanas and gaiters are not allowed.
- Masks will be modeled by the staff with positivity. Children will be taught the reasoning and science behind mask wearing.
- Students and staff are encouraged to have at least 5 masks. All people are asked to clean masks daily.
- Masks may be removed during eating time when the children are outside and seated at their appropriate table spot.
- All children in must wear masks all day - indoors and outdoors.
- Outdoor Gatherings of vaccinated people in masks are allowed.
- Many events will be held online in an effort to include more people in the safest manner possible.
- All buildings have iWave ventilation systems in place which are always on and which have a Merv rating of 13.
- Because of the system’s design, the ventilation works even better when doors and windows are closed.
- During times when outdoor air quality is poor, students and staff will continue to have safe, healthy air indoors.
- As an additional measure, each room is equipped with an air purifier with UV wave technology.
- Students must wash their hands immediately upon arrival.
- Students must bring a water bottle to school and may refill it at bottle-filling dispensers. The water fountain itself has been taped off and cannot be used.
- Each classroom has been outfitted with a touchless hand sanitizer dispenser.
- Teaching assistants or teachers will supervise the use of hand sanitizer or hand washing before and after eating and entering/ exiting the classroom. Routines will be established and maintained.
- Teaching assistants or teachers will also instruct children on how to wash their hands, how to ensure they are properly scrubbing, and for how long (20 seconds).
- Signs are posted to demonstrate and encourage healthy practices.
- Desks, chairs, door handles, and bathroom surfaces will be disinfected by staff daily and by the janitorial staff every night. Students will not participate in disinfecting practices that involve chemicals.